Monday, October 18, 2010

Running on fumes.....

Well, 2 days with little sleep, a nice little cold, and usual travel! Blah! I'm wiped out! Haven't done much being under the weather. Right before the mild cold hit me, I was able to walk around Prague once more on Saturday night and see Prague lit up. Very pretty! Though as I was walking around got to see filming for the newest Mission impossible 4! No stars were seen, but if I stayed out like a train spotter or bird watcher I would most likely, maybe, perhaps yes or no have gazed at someone famous. For Sunday and Monday I sat on my tired sick butt and did pretty much nothing! Well, did have Czech grog, which is really rather nice, but kicks like a mule!

Lets see, night train wasn't bad, except not sleeping, though I was in and out, so it went quicker. But I guess if you put your ticket in your pocket and it gets kinda crumpled up, the conductor will get angry and say in broken English "WHY THIS LIKE THIS!?". I responded, "Well, I put in my pocket, thats why." Which seemed to be good enough for Mr. Czech or Polish conductor. His wake up call was- "Have 2 minutes. Train only wait 2 minutes in Krakow!" Ahhh, friendly friendly people..... The man clearly loves his job....

But now I'm in Krakow Poland, old royal capital of Poland, 16th nation I've been to and more east than any other place I've gone to. Prices look very good here. Can get massive amounts of food for like $5! Well, thats what I've been told. See how much better the prices are compared to Prague, which was pretty darn cheap.

Oh yes, another word of advice. IF the guys in the train car with you are from Brazil, and you find out that one has a German name, don't make the crack "Hey, they go over for some unrelated reason in 1946? Haha" Turns out..... that can be true....... and then it makes things slightly awkard. Thank goodness it was right at bed time.

Anyway, off now and as I write, some drunk drunk Aussies are just going to bed after an all nighter at the bar..... it is 8 AM by the way!

1 comment: