Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ahhh, another post!

Still going well in Prague here. Been out the past few nights having fun, which translates to talking to various people, getting drunk and mostly going out with an English guy called Rory, who I met at the hostel. One night we went together with some German girls, which was of course, always nice to have company of that pretty sort! We went mostly to one place called "Propaganda". All sorts of Soviet stuff is everywhere and it has a nice relaxed club type enviroment, without dancing or super super loud music or assholes. I'm sure there are other pubs that are more Czech though.

Now, Czech beer really is the best I've had so far. Better than German stuff I've had already. Only one that can beat it was one in Holland. Rum or whiskey are way pricey out this far, so beer is almost a must.

Lets see, now, yesterday I saw more of the city and more in the evening this time. There is an awesome market in the city square in the evenings which has great looking food at reasonable prices, but they use alot of real fires for things too. Heck, even a blacksmith was working there! Really just fun to see!
Had, Czech hot Grog, which is just rum or somethin, mixed with hot water, but kicks like a mule! Real nice to drink it on a cold evening however.

After strolling about I found a lovely little traditional type place to eat and had great Goulash, with bread and bacon dumplings, and a huge pile of the best rye/brown/wheat bread I've had in ages! Only cost me like 7-9 bucks too, with everything added in. Wonderful price for wonderful food!
With my nice meal finished I went over to a concert with a pipe Organ and Voilin. What amazing music! Really just the best! Went a couple days before to a pipe organ playing, it was good, but the church didn't have the best design for music like that.
Concert being done went out a second night of drinking, as mentioned earlier in this post, and I went to writing while drunk! Nothing bad, but more I'm sure poorly done and annoying...

So lets see, what little things have I noticed? It seems that I have no clue when Czechs are talking, if they are angry or if that is how they normally talk! Service REALLY sucks in Europe, so never expect much. This was the same in Germany and Belgium and Prague here. I have no idea how they get away with it and its really bad when not JUST Americans are complaining. Mostly you have an angry sounding Czech or German running about or NOT even moving much, taking forever or angrly going quick.

HOWEVER, just because service can be crap, doesn't mean what they have is crap. Best food and sights here. Quite frankly everything sells itself here it seems and the Czechs seem generally more friendly than most other peoples too. Hopefully that'll keep onto Hungry and Poland.
Now for service, the best I've had so far is at Ace hostel here, really great guy running it here.

What else? Seems to be no leash law and the dogs walk themselve while the owner is going at a slower pace. Also dogs like to go into shops too. Cops are everywhere as well and they don't seem like scary Soviet types and they seem professinal too.

Hmm, can't think of much more now other than it is a great place! I'll be in Krakow Poland on Tuesday, so see what new adventures I'll run into then!

Oh yes, quote or advice of the post. If you are drunk, try and not be annoying, THEN accidentally spill beer all over someone. I must remember to drink the beer, not pour in on people, by mistake of course! Thankfully I've not seen her again at the hostel...

No comments:

Post a Comment