Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mostly of food, lodging and weather....

Seems I've been so busy I've forgetten to talk of some of the basics!

Anyhow, first, food! I've had all sorts, but in the UK, it is the Donar Kebab. Mostly they are made of packed down, crapy lamb, but I really like them! Now over on the European mainland is some lovely fresh made bread with dried/cured pork in very thin slices. That with a really good soft cheese and then if it's night time, a red wine. Course now what would a day without chocolate be! The Europeans sure know chocolate. Yummy! German food is very good, but mosty it is fried or fatty, but WAY good. Oh then Spatzle, I LOVE that German pasta stuff. Franco food is much lighter, BUT costs more however. While camping it was mostly whatever was canned, but me and Philip had some lovely bacon too.
Right now in Prague that since I have a kitchen to cook in, mostly it's what I can find in the store for $5 a day.

Lodging. Thats been mixed. Sometimes on a plane, tent, cot or just a mattress on a floor. Apart from the plane all the other sleeping places were great. Sometimes those were at friends places or hostels and twice a real hotel, one smelling of lovely horse flith, which I didn't find bad, but Philip didn't much care for it however! The tenting was pretty good, if the weather was, which leads me to the...
WEATHER! It has just been amazing! Sunny, but not hot. Apart from some rainy cold days in the UK and Ireland the weather has been fantastic. Okay bit rainy in Germany too, but not enough to change plans, like night rain.

Anyhow, I'm in Prague now and it is really a wonderful city. I've been looking around today. Listening to some Music, street types and an Organ in a church. Wonderful place just to walk around, doing a few little things and maybe getting a beer. Getting lots of photos and I should get some up one of these days.. oh well!

Oh, seems I have handy advice or sayings at the end of posts, so this one is... Thank you god "or whatever!" for getting the batty/crazy/cussing/outwardly angry and mouthy, old Eastern European woman to the back of the bus with her long suffering daughter has to haul around. Might I add that is was a 4 HOUR ride too? Soo happy when she got moved I can tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment