Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Now in Magyarország "Hungary" on the Pest "East" side of Budapest

Well, made it here safe and sound! The night train was WAY better than from Prague to Krakow. Krakow to Budapest here was first rate. Also it I was feeling much better and was quite lucky to have a very cute and well visible cleavaged Argentine girl to talk to as well! Haha! Ahh Europe, lovely place. Get to meet people from all over the place from all walks of life and travel by train to boot. Takes longer, but half the cost and way more fun than plane travel. Plus you have a chance to sleep or just plain stretch out.

Anyway got into the train station early yesterday morning to be met by horrid weather and trying to exactly find where I was staying. NO sign what so ever. Took me an hour to find it, and only by looking very carefully at the buzz in thingy by the door. It is a VERY nice hostel too! Best one I've stayed in a long time. Not the best part of town, but not dangerous either. Inside is what counts. So, lets see, ahh yes, so pretty much did nothing yesterday since the weather was crap, but talked with some guys here and it was suggested I go to the Balkans "Former Yugoslav". So I'm now going to Croatia, Bosnia, and Serbia, in about a week. Was never sure about the places since they seemed to be on the news often, and more recently with the US embassy getting burned in Belgrade a year or 2 ago, but no serious warnings about the places, so TALLY-HO... as some posh Englishman might say.

But lets see, today had sort of a late start, but a fun time today. Hate being rushed when I have loads of time. Made my way to the big market here, which you can read about here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Market_Hall_%28Budapest%29
Bought loads of stuff and I'm sure I'll be back there for some more tasty food. This is a wonderful place to buy most anything that you'd want in Hungary. Food for the most part! Otherwise just walked around and enjoyed the wonderful sunny weather today.

So I'll find a few more things to do tomorrow. I think walking down to the river again. Was fun to walk over the Danube river today and worth going over again. Lots to see here, but more spread out than Prague or Krakow. So more fun for the week I'm sure.

Oh yes, lesson of this post is, if you try to be clever and book 2 hostels in the same city to "Get a different look and feel" make sure the 2 hostels AREN'T 50 feet away from each other, on the same side of the street! Oh boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment