Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What adventures!

Well, I am here in Egypt. I am exhausted, but I've seen some AMAZING things already.

So this part of my trip starts at Oxford. After a nice last night in England, thinking of times gone by and the future travels, for the next 6 weeks and beyond, I tried to sleep. Course had to wake up at half past 4 in the morning.... so very little sleep!

Anyway got everything and was ready to head out to the bus station so early to Heathrow. Said my goodbyes to Philip, got to the station JUST as the bus was pulling away, so I got there within seconds of it leaving. Lucky me!

So apart from seeing a movie on the flight and some TV shows, the traveling from Oxford to Cairo was, uneventful.
Getting into Cairo was basically like everywhere else. The drive to the hostel here was... interesting! These people should be excellent fighter pilots the way they drive here. DAMN!
Crazy driving. Thought I was gonna die that night, but got here okay.
So after the crazy adventure of the day I settled in and found that a guy I know, "William of Wyoming", was just getting into Cairo. So we met up chatted and had the next day planned out. I met a woman called Mel at the hostel here and we decided to split the cost of a Taxi, and William decided to join in too.
All was set for what would then become today...

So at 9 after we all got up, "which almost didn't happen", we were able to start the tour.
First stop was of course the Pyramids of Giza. AMAZING things to look upon. The great wonders of the world! The 3 of us looked around for 3 hours looking about and even going into the one! Really hot inside and plain, but where else can you do something like that?

We were hassled by the sales and camel guys, who as usual, were assholes. But minor issue.
After that we went to the oldest Pyramid in Egypt.... of what its called, I can't remember but will edit in one day.
That was really neat to see and from there you can gaze upon many other pyramids as well, including the Giza ones. The sands must have moved in far more it seems over time. Hmm, the sands of time! Haha! Bout as good as my "Oh DE Nile is awesome".

So after that place we had one more quick stop to MEMPHIS.... egypt. NOT Tennessee.
Did make sure to get a photo of the sign.

So after the long days of adventures I shall now turn in for a great night of sleep I think!

Next post I think will be, "Why do I travel?"

No comments:

Post a Comment