Monday, November 8, 2010

Going to Split from Split and onto Bosnia!

Well, I have been bad this time about keeping up on the blog, but I will try and stay good updating everything.

Well Split here is a great place. Really relaxed and easy to get around. The days here have just flown by! The best stuff to see here is Diocletian's palace built 1700 years ago. It pretty much makes up the center of old town. Really old and rich history in that section. Plus all the other smaller towns in the area are great, but only got to a small one called Omis I think.... "Pronounced Amish". Awesome cliffs at the bay. One day will get photos up.

The weather has been mixed here. Great the first day, decent the second, cloudy the next and now rainy and colder, but not biting cold. Super markets aren't big here, though the market is. All the stalls are setup with foods, and being Split is right on the Adriatic sea, fresh fish in the markets. Everything getting tossed about in the fishy market, people yelling, strange looking fish about and the fine smell of fish! Really was fun. I just love the markets!

Really was nice to see a sea again! Port towns are pretty interesting at times, and this was a great place. Easy to take great photos all over the place. Also the Croatians here talk like Italians interestingly enough. Must be a big past influence. Course the further east I go people sound like they are arguing, but must just be talking normally!

But now I'm leaving to Mostar Bosnia in the morning. I never thought of the Balkans with the wars that were were from pretty much 1991 or 92 and ended in Kosovo in 1999.
11 short years ago! But I have been told it is great to travel through, so shall see if that is true! The wars here are very complicated and after hours of reading and listening to people I am just starting to understand what when on. Seems to have been rather horrible, mostly on the Serbian side. So see how Belgrade in Serbia is... I haven't heard I'm in Danger being American, but how welcomed will I be I wonder?

But anyway, should get to bed soon. Have to wake up at 9 in the morning! Oh man, early start to Mostar Bosnia. Course have a "fun" 5 hour bus ride ahead of me too...

No comments:

Post a Comment