Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bout time for another update...

Well, been in Dublin for several days now. So nice to be here even with all the sleet. But, I should go ahead and give a recap of everything.


Anyway, right before leaving warm Istanbul I went around town with a girl to find her an ATM and a new piece of luggage. Thought that'd be it and boring. But as we went to the next set of ATMs since the first was broken, I looked to the ground to see an ATM card laying right there.
Huh, well lets see who dropped this.... Uh, wait, Hmm, I know that name, its the guy from the hostel, the ONLY person who's full name I knew in almost all of Istanbul!

So I went back to the hostel to find him not there. So went to get the luggage with the girl who was a MASTER at Haggling. Could really act mean on the spot and be as nice as could be though.. Course once she found her luggage and gave HER money to the guy... he handed it back to ME... Assuming I guess was a boyfriend or husband. Welcome to the 1950's and earlier were it is just assumed that it's the MANS money! Haha!

Anyhow.... Still Zach the hostel guy hadn't shown up so I went to bed. Latter that night, found out it was like 1:30 or 2:30, I see him walking out. Sounding somewhat like a complete drunk, I said "Heyy Man, missing something?" He responding sharply as "Yes, don't remind me!" I responded "Its the bank card right?".. "Yeah Sean" "Oh well in that case Zach its on your bed".
"Wait what?!". "Yes, its on your bed", then pointing above my head to his bunk.
He then started giving me grand praise of finding it then I told quickly as how I found it.
Lucky bastard that Zach. Like winning the lottery. The chances that I was even going out that night and going past the ATM was as slim as slim can be.

So thought I'd mention that little story.

Anyway got up at the butt crack of dawn to get the airport shuttle. WHICH got there on time AND didn't charge me extra! Such a grand change of pace from the usual Turkish BS.
So got in line went through the usual security stuff and the flight to Heathrow wasn't bad. Talked to some Americans and they gave me 35 Egyptian pounds when they found out I was going there. So good deal for me!

Anyway got to Heathrow and ONCE AGAIN, I was deemed a person who needed to be checked and sat down like a child. So got the grumpy security guy.... who after checking my documents and trip plans came back far nicer, after 30 min. Almost seemed like it fully clicked that he knew I was just traveling and got a bit of bad luck with UK border patrol. So I went off on my merry way to find.. OH FUCK!

My flight was canceled because of snow.... So I ran to the desk and said my flight was canceled, what can they do? So they booked me on a flight closing gates at !!!!! 13:00 hours??!! FIFTEEN MINUTES! And it's HOW FAR! SHIIIIITT!

So I ran for the next 10 mins as fast as my legs could take me with that stupid pack on me. I was out of breath and could barely move and BEHOLD!!! I am.... say wait... why is everyone still in line.... God damnit... As I collapsed on a chair an Irishman said "Oh, you didn't have to run here, could have waited another 10 minutes and been fine." Great. Well least I'm here and after half an hour we were ready to go to Dublin. Wow and I'd still be an hour earlier. What great luck...

Over the coast of Wales and the weather wasn't looking to bad... "This is your captian, err it seems that Dublin airport is closed for at LEAST 4 hours... So we are flying to Shannon. Sorry about that folks". A great moan started up in the plane as if by command and a great chattering went about the plane as well. The usual after such, "wonderful" news...

So we landed after half an hour... yes it's small enough island that it takes 30 minutes to reach the west cost from the east coast. So landed and found we were going to be bused to Dublin. 4 hour drive and with waiting for them, it'd take 6 hours in total. So after the fine long bus ride being next to a fat Russian to my right and behind me some sort of drug addict, who I was gladly not RIGHT next to, that honour went to the other normal guy.

So the bus ride was long but I got to Dublin. Got lucky and found a bus to the city center and nicely was able to quickly borrow a mobile from an American living in Dublin.
Just delayed by several hours, but I did end up getting to the house here, just like 7 hours late....

Anywho... I have just been hanging around Dublin here. Weather has been okay, or kinda bad. I think I'll try to do as much as I can while here, without going broke.

So again, blog will be a bit boring till I get to Egypt, then the blog will be overloaded again for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment