Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another update from my lazy hands

Well thought it time for another post. Not a huge amount going on though.
I enjoyed the rest of my stay with Kasper and family in Dublin. Flight over to Edinburgh was standard and for a nice change, no passport control. Key is getting there before breakfast or after dinner. Haha! Stupid border patrol. Anyway got to see a good friend "Ryan" in Edinburgh while I waited for a friend who had a flat free to sleep in. Though, I ended up getting a fever and haven't done much. Got to Glasgow and saw 2 good friends once I recovered somewhat, then I got back to Edinburgh to see Ryan again, then caught my bus to London....

EXCEPT! I didn't get the bus... A girl came up with a sob story and I was thinking she WANTED money... instead she was willing to pay £120 British pounds, for a bus ticket which cost me £22.
I talked with her quickly after I confirmed her offer was heard correctly by me, by asking the fellow next to me.
I guess the bus was going to work better than a train to catch a flight out of the London area.

So I happily took the money and was on my merry way. I decided that although I could get more money if I could get a bus the next day, with the snow coming in I thought it wise to get a train. Wow! Those seats were nice. Cost of a ticket was £77, but well worth it and fast.

Got to London in good time and then stayed at my friend Amandas flat easy enough. Interestingly enough I met her on a flight from the US to Europe and saw her a few days before getting to London, in Dublin.
But still reeling from being sick and having a bad belly I just laided around again. Though lots of snow and cold was still about so not easy to get around. Shame I didn't see more friends, but had good company at the flat.

After 2 days I made my way to Oxford, which wasn't easy given the snow, but did get there. Was nice to see Philip again and we went out to eat at a good Indian place nearby.

Today we made our way to Cornwall, slowly, but surely and are here now till after Christmas. Will be nice to have Christmas with someone I know. Didn't like the idea of a souless hostel Christmas. So now I'll generally hang out with Philip till January 11th when I fly to Egypt. Have no idea how I can get around the UK with all this damned snow stoping things. So I prefer to be on the safe side of things.

Anyway, right now I'm just worn out and need yet another break! Geez I am lazy. I'm excited to be traveling still, but I can't wait to get home too. But thats 2 months away and Egypt and Thailand inbetween, so more adventures still!

No comments:

Post a Comment