Monday, February 7, 2011

Bangkok Baby and Beyond!

Well well. I am here now in Bangkok, Las Vegas on speed.

Bleh, took a lot of time, but I got here.
Long flight and time to get from Amman Jordan, to Bahrain airport, then a 10 hour layover there. a 6 or 7 hour flight to get to Bangkok, of which I mostly slept through, and about 3 hours of waiting to get my passport done, getting lost in the airport and getting to my hostel.

Bangkok is a rather interesting city. The smell of raw sewer is sometimes in the air, or gross fish WTF smell too, but, all in all it ain't bad. Thai's are far friendlier than people from Tunisi to Turkey and everything in-between. Prices are fair and set, plus its VERY cheap here. I really love the food here!

Kinda hot here though. Around 90 or 30C. So its a mixed blessing of warm weather, but I'm missing the cold at times.

Not doing all that much here. Asia has no real draw to me, except the food, cheap stuff and laying on a beach. Saw some temples here and having fun with hostel mates.
The days here are very long it seems and this isn't the most relaxing of places. Busy busy!

Now, I'm sure many of you have heard of Thai Massages and "Happy endings".... Well, most seem to be legit and I can tell you, being beat up like a piece of dough is rather interesting. How a Thai girl, who is very small have so much muscle... god only knows! It feels good after, but I'm rather sore now. Sure its good in the long term though.

Oh, now the other things with Bangkok. Asians DO drive well here, Middle Eastern people can't drive, except the Tuk-tuk drivers are a bit crazy! In Bangkok they STOP at the light, which was rare in Egypt. Yes there are PLENTY of the "lady boys" and shows of an illict nature about on the streets in certian areas. But the hassle is low for so much of the city. Makes it easy to get around and feel more relaxed. I've hardly felt like I've been ripped off.

Anyway, not many posts after this. Going to the island of Ko Chang tomorrow for and elephant ride and mostly laying about doing NOTHING. Sitting on a beach sunds good for the next 10 days. so idea when the next blog post will be, but I'm back to the USA on the 21st I think and back in Tennessee on the 24th. Gosh, just 2 weeks left, really less since there will be several long travel days.

Sure has been SOME trip......

No comments:

Post a Comment